Have you noticed that some baby purees sold in stores use yogurt or milk? What if your kiddos are lactose intolerant?
Be safe and give your little one a dairy-free option until you know for sure! The combination of blueberries and chickpeas in this puree is a great substitution for dairy if your baby is intolerant, and it tastes great, too.
Chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, are a great protein and energy source for your little ones, which they need to be happy and healthy. Happy baby = happy mom, right?!
Also, if your baby has a rumbly tummy, this little legume provides a good amount of fiber to help their developing digestive tracks. As for blueberries, we know they are a great source of antioxidants and help give this puree the perfect touch of sweetest to make your baby as happy as can be!
Blueberry and Chickpea Puree
- 1 cup raw organic chickpeas
- 1 cup organic blueberries
- 2-4 Tbsp water
- Wash the chickpeas and blueberries thoroughly.
- Add them to your Baby Bullet and blend until smooth.
- Add 1 tablespoon of water at a time until you reach the consistency that’s right for your baby.