If you follow my blog and recipes, you know that I’m a big fan of making a dish that the family can enjoy as well as using it to make a puree for your baby. This basic chicken puree can be the base for a ton of baby purees – as well as being used to make delicious and healthy dishes for your family.
Take a chicken breast and add aromatics like parsley, dried oregano, salt and pepper, and boil it in a pot for 30 minutes. You can puree the chicken just as it is for your little one while making a yummy chicken salad for you.
Now that you have a great meat base, feel free to add your baby’s favorite vegetables like green beans, broccoli, and carrots. The puree can keep in the refrigerator for 3 days or in the freezer for 2 months.
Basic Chicken Puree
- 1 pound uncooked chicken
- Tsp salt and pepper
- 1 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- 1 tsp oregano
- 4 cups water
- In a sauce pan, add the water, chicken, and all seasoning.
- Boil for 20 minutes.
- Take chicken out and let cool completely.
- Using a fork, shred the chicken.
- Place the chicken in your Baby Bullet.
- Add 2 tbsp of water from your sauce pan into the Baby Bullet.
- Blend till smooth.