Welcome to teething” is an understatement. This is no walk in the park. Would you be happy if something was growing out of your gums? No, and this is happening to a tiny 9-month-old baby. Well, little Elle is always so happy. She cracks me up because we get smiles from her all the time; but every now and then a grin suddenly turns upside down for a pucker and a sound of pain. How do I fix her discomfort for a bit? I noticed that she is soothed when she sucks on a washcloth or something cold. I bought mesh bags for ice cubes or frozen food, but don’t use frozen food; it makes a huge mess! Plus, it’s hard to clean the mesh bag after she’s been sucking on the food like a zombie. This bag is a miracle. I don’t hear from Elle until the cube has melted and then I go running back to the freezer for more. I also started making chamomile tea and freezing it into cubes for a calming effect. Heck, I can’t tell a difference, but all I know is she loves the cold. Maybe a popsicle would soothe her aching gums?
This week’s food choice is an avocado and pear puree. Elle does tend to get bored after long periods of time with the same food, so I thought, why not freeze what she’s already been eating? I don’t like to waste food, so I’ve been freezing the leftovers in popsicles molds, which make for a great snack later. Remember what I said about making a mess? Yes, these make a mess as well, but she is so cute trying to hold the slippery popsicles that give her so much joy!
Avocado Pear Teething Popsicles
- 1 organic pear
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 Tbsp honey, for babies over 1 year
- few tablespoons of water
- popsicles molds
- Wash and dry pear.
- Cut the pear in half and core the center with a spoon or melon baller.
- Place the halves on a cookie sheet skin side up.
- Drizzle honey on the pear’s skin, if possible.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Place in a 350 degree over and bake for 30 mins.
- Let pear halves cool.
- Dice the halves and add to the Baby Bullet with the diced avocado.
- Add a few tablespoons of water.
- Turn on and let run until you reach a smooth consistency.
- Place the puree into popsicles molds and freeze for a few hours or overnight.
- Serve to your little one.