This puree is perfect as baby’s first food since it’s very light on a baby’s tummy. Have you ever fed plain cereals to your little ones? They tend to just spit them out because they are very bland. Well, lets add some flavor using fresh ingredients like avocado, paired with the natural sweetness of a nice, ripe pear. These two ingredients will make this oatmeal a powerful, yet delicious puree for baby.
My little Elle gets hyper when there’s too much sweetness in fruit. I cannot feed her strawberries at night or her legs will dance around while I try to put her to sleep. So, I found that this combo before her bedtime is a winner. She gets full and has just a little bit of sweetness before bed.
Avocado, Oatmeal and Pear Puree
- 1/4 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 pear, skin removed
- 2 Tbsp water
- Add one cup of water to a sauce pan along with 1/2 cup oats.
- Over a medium-high heat, boil until oats are tender and water has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Add the oatmeal to your Baby Bullet.
- Dice up your avocado and add to the Baby Bullet.
- Dice up your pear and add to the Baby Bullet.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water, close the lid and blend until smooth.
- Add more water as necessary, 2 tablespoons at a time, to reach your desired consistency.