I have enormous respect for moms who refuse to give in to the picky eater syndrome and continue to offer their kids vegetables in different forms until they find something that works. Juicing is a good option, but most moms I know don’t own a juicer. I love making vegetable smoothies because they’re packed with tons of vitamins and minerals, you get all the fiber, and you still have the great taste of juice. And because you steam the veggies in this smoothie recipe before putting them in your Baby Bullet, the end result is smooth, thick and delicious!
Makes 2 servings
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 small beet, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup apple or orange juice
- Place the carrot and beet in a steamer pot over boiling water and cook for 8 minutes.
- Add the cubed apple and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Allow the vegetables and apple to cook, then place them in your Baby Bullet with the juice.
- Puree until smooth and serve.