Spinach has always been my favorite green vegetable to use because it has a very mild taste. Any sweeter type fruit or vegetable could easily cover up the spinach taste. Thankfully for this puree, between the sweet potato and apple, your baby won’t even notice they are getting a healthy source of vitamin K!
Sweet Potato, Apple, & Spinach Puree Recipe
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 green apple
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- In a sauce pan, add peeled and chopped sweet potato and apple.
- Add enough water to cover the items in the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook until the potatoes and apples are soft.
- Add cooked food to the Baby Bullet Blender, minus the liquid.
- Next add fresh spinach. Turn on the blender, then slowly add a little cooking liquid until desired consistency has been reached.
- Serve room temperature, or store for a later use.