Happy 4th of July! Preparing healthy food and snacks on this holiday is tough – it’s grilling season and the heat might make you want to reach for an ice cold can of pop. But don’t let these circumstances keep your little ones from eating healthy! We’ve got the perfect summertime cool down treat for your kids – and they’re all natural and super tasty.
Red, White and Blue Totsicles
- 1 1/3 cup of fresh mix of raspberries and strawberries
- 1 1/3 cup of fresh coconut meat/flesh from 1 – 3 young Thai coconuts
- 1 1/3 cup of fresh blueberries
- Start by pureeing your ingredients – blend the raspberry/strawberry mix until well combined, then repeat for the coconut milk and blueberries. Be sure to rinse out your Batch Bowl so the colors don’t mix!
- Pour your liquified raspberry/strawberry mix about 1/3 of the way up your popsicle molds. You can also use dixie cups or any other freezer-safe ware. Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Take out the molds and pour the coconut mix in another 1/3 of the way up. Freeze for another 30 minutes.
- Finally, pour the blueberry mix in and freeze once more.