I love making ‘pesto’ pasta variations for my little babies. This pesto came about when I noticed I had a large bag of frozen peas in my freezer that needed to be used. It’s great because they don’t take a long time to cook up, and you can add all your ingredients to the Baby Bullet blender and it’s done! You can store the pesto in the fridge or freezer to save for later as well. It’s a great way to introduce new flavors to your babies growing palate.
Pea Pesto Pasta Recipe
- 2 cup mini wheels pasta, or preferred pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas, cooked
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup basil
- 3-4 tb. fresh parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 sweet potato, peeled, steamed, and chopped into bite size squares
- Bring a medium pot to boil with water. Cook pasta according to directions.
- While the pasta is cooking add the peas, basil (add more if preferred), parmesan, and broth to the Baby Bullet Blender. Puree the mixture. If needed, thin out with more broth. Season with a little salt and pepper. (Be careful with seasonings as your baby might be sensitive to certain seasonings.)
- Drain the pasta, return it to the pot.
- Add the pea pesto sauce to the pasta and then fold the chopped sweet potato.
- Serve warm. Store in airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.