If you’re looking for a great tasting, and incredibly healthy food for your baby, sweet potatoes are one of the most complete foods. They’re a super source of beta-carotene, and also a good source of magnesium, potassium, Vitamin C and E. When you’re picking them, look at the skin of the potato and choose ones that are deep orange in color. The darker the color the more antioxidants they contain. Antioxidants help your baby’s immune system to combat disease.
Culinarily this recipe seems like an unusual mix of flavors. You’ll be shocked at how the tang of the tomato, the sweetness of the sweet potato and apple and the light herbal tone of the basil create a heavenly dish — in my opinion, one your baby will love.
Chicken with Sweet Potato & Apple
Makes 1 1/2 cups
Good for ages 6 months and up
- 1/2 cup cubed chicken breast
- 1/2 cup peeled and chopped sweet potato
- 1/4 cup peeled and chopped apple
- 1/2 cup peeled and chopped tomatoes, canned or fresh
- 1 fresh basil leaf, torn
- Place chicken in a steamer basket over boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Add the sweet potato and apple to the pot and continue steaming for another 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Place all the ingredients in the Baby Bullet and pulse until smooth. Add water from the steamer pot until desired consistency is reached.