Babies love cheese! It’s easy to pick up, soft and has tons of flavor. Nutritional yeast is a pretty cool ingredient that comes in a flakey form which also happens to have a cheesy flavor. You can sprinkle it into casseroles, soup, or sauces to add tons of nutrients and cheese flavor. In this dish, I’ve added it along with Colby cheese, so that the kids will get the protein and fat from a little cheese, plus the vitamins and nutrients from the nutritional yeast.
Cheesy Chicken Casserole
Makes 1 1/2 cups
Good for ages 6 months and up
- 1/2 cup peeled and cubed potato
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup cooked, cubed chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons shredded organic colby or cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- Place the potato, carrots and chicken in a steamer pot over boiling water and cook for 6-8 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the veggies are fork tender.
- Place all the ingredients in the Baby Bullet and pulse until smooth. Add water from the steamer pot 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.