It’s always a fun new stage when your baby moves from eating pureed veggies and fruits to actually chewing foods with texture. This stew is the perfect transition for your child because you can make it as smooth or as chunky as your baby’s needs change and grow. It will also introduce your baby to new flavors and spices, giving them a food experience they will never forget! No more flavorless purees!!
Baby’s Spiced Lentil Stew Recipe
- 1/3 c. lentils, rinsed
- 1 tb. olive oil
- 1 carrot, sliced and chopped
- 1 sweet potato, sliced and chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, diced
- ¼ c. onion, diced
- sprinkle of coriander
- sprinkle of cumin
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- sprinkle of nutmeg
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- In a saucepan, turn the heat on medium. Heat olive oil, and then add your onions, garlic, carrot, and sweet potato. Toss and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the spices and the lentils and the stock. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cover for about 20 minutes, or until the vegetables and lentils are soft.
- Add stew to your Baby Bullet blender. Puree or slightly puree the stew to fit your baby’s chewing needs. You can add more water or stock if needed.
- Refrigerate for up to 3 days.